30 minutes; Chill
Yield: 10 servings
1 cup pitted dried prunes
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups ricotta cheese, at room temperature
Milk for thinning
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup orange marmalade
1 cup heavy cream for whipping
Don’t let the prunes fool you – this is a rich, velvety-smooth pudding.
- Place prunes in a 1-quart saucepan, adding water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 to 20 minutes until prunes are tender. Drain prunes.
- Combine hot prunes and chocolate chips in a blender or food processor. Process until mixture is pureed and chips have melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat ricotta cheese until smooth. Add a little milk, if needed, to thin ricotta cheese to the consistency of pancake batter. Stir in vanilla extract and mix well. Beat cooled prune mixture into the ricotta. Add marmalade and mix well.
- Whip cream into soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into prune mixture. Chill.
- Serve in small portions. May be topped with additional whipped cream.